2 Positions to Start July 1, 2021
- Clinical Mentor for the International Rescue Committee’s Cox’s Bazar and Chad COVID-19 response
- sidHARTe – Strengthening Emergency Systems Program Acute Care and Emergency Referral Systems (ACERS) program in rural Ghana, evaluating the indirect effects of COVID and supporting a novel emergency dispatch center for maternal/neonatal emergencies.
- Support Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh - emergency medical services strengthening among Rohingya refugee community
- Central African Republic - retrospective case-control study on primary healthcare effectiveness with Faculty
- Venezuela crisis response - 2018 (IRC Colombia), Bidibidi Uganda Refugee Settlement (IRC)
- South Sudan Crisis and Diphtheria Outbreak (MSF)
- Democratic Republic of Congo - evaluating barriers to Implementation of a Community-Based Surveillance System Monitoring Internally Displaced Persons
- The Dominican Republic - Hurricane Maria NYPH response team
- West Africa - Ebola outbreak
1. A letter of interest (why you are interested in our fellowship in particular – please be specific) 2. A brief personal statement (include short- and long-term goals and a possible fellowship research project) 3. Three letters of reference (one from a current chairperson or residency director; all letter should be sent electronically directly from letter-writers). a. Two of your letters should specifically describe your clinical acumen in detail. b. At least one of your letters should describe your research, teaching, and/or service experience. 4. Curriculum vitae (please include email and mobile phone number).
Application Deadline: September 30th Interviews will be conducted on October 19, 2020 Offer Date: November 18, 2020 at 12 pm EST. We will be part of the NRMP Match in 2021. Selected fellows must also apply separately to the Columbia Mailman School of Public Health (https://www.mailman.columbia.edu/become-student/how-apply/process) by January 15 through the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) at https://sophas.org.
You may apply to the fellowship by sending ALL application materials to Ms. Lisa Brooks-McDonald – CU Global EM, Medical Education Coordinator Lm3451@cumc.columbia.edu. Please copy Dr. Rachel T. Moresky, CU Global Emergency Medicine Fellowship Director firstname.lastname@example.org on all emails.
Application Deadline | 2020-09-30
The application deadline is September 30, 2020.
Interview Date | 2020-10-19
Our fellowship interview day will be held on October 19, 2020.
Offer Date | 2020-11-18
All applicants will be notified via phone call on November 18, 2020 at 12 pm EST.
|Project Name & Description||Details|
sidHARTe - Strengthening Emergency Systems Program
|sidHARTe partners to provide timely, accessible, high-quality acute care systems in resource limited settings worldwide||Details|